Saturday 1 December 2012

Elise's Birthday Letter

Hello All! Today is Elise's birthday and her letter was just so lovely and uplifting. I'm so happy for her! Make sure to wish her a happy birthday if you get a chance!

Oh Dearest Family!!!!
So good to hear from you and that the holidays went so well! It sounded like so much fun and I had a great time too!!! I was SO THRILLED to see the Robinsons, they saw the first run of the Christus statue, and it was just so special. I would have loved to talk with them more and share more of my testimony with them...but its alright! they are strong, and its true, we do need to work. And heather waiting for a mission call--what B-LAST! you must let me know where she goes. they are fabuloso---and with the atonement of Christ we can be healed, move on and let go! Both of my companions help me move on from my mistakes, i didn't realize how no bueno at that i was---letting go and letting myself just feel the love of God. ANYWHO!

Family, thank you so much for writing me. I love you.
AND THANK YOU FOR THE THANKSGIVING/BDAY package! Don't worry, I saved the presents and will be opening them on Saturday! I can't believe I will be 22, SO EXCITED, i have never been 22 before!!!haha. but truly thank you, for what you sent, perfect timing! and thanks for the kind words in your last email dad! i had a package for you all but i didn't get it sent before thanksgiving...so its old, but ill try to send it tomorrow. I WAS SO HAPPY TO RECEIVE YOUR PACKAGE. big smile and joy joy joy.
Mom, you are blessing me with all you do and send and write so thank you. 

I AM SO HAPPY! My companion is SO KIND AND SWEET. I feel so much genuine love for her its just amazing. Honestly, we can't help but be happy everyday! She serves me so much. last night, i came out of the bathroom at home, and i found her at the table sewing on the buttons to my coat that had fallen off and securing the other ones. I sat with her, and almost cried, don't worry i didn't jonathan, but i was just SO GRATEFUL, now i get to WEAR the love she has for me everyday. Her service to me brought us closer together. Our theme for this transfer is SERVICE. oh and i get to do language study with her, so i get to help her learn some english which i thoroughly enjoy doing with her...its making think about keeping the ESL minor i started before i left...but honestly, i have THE BEST companion. she works hard, and is always so positive.

supply coordinating keeps us busy...we try not to let it take away from our teaching time, but keeping the square fully stocked is quite the responsibility at christmas. and we did some singing yesterday---it went so well, the spirit was simple and strong if people took the time to listen and many did. i sang were you there and feliz navidad. but yeah, with faith, I know Heavenly Father will help both of us fulfill our calling of supply coordinating, and teaching others. We have about 3 progressing investigators right now--so i suppose that i ask you to please pray that even though we have a lot of responsibilities, that we can still focus on the missionary work---it is what we are here for. but wow, Sister Moldogalii and i truly have felt the spirit so strongly together. We LOVE each other. Love the Lord and love your companion= a wonderful mission.

Being a missionary on temple square during Christmas is incredible! What sacred blessing, opportunity and privelage. On Sunday we taught many people, (its amazing how many members and guests we get to teach EVERYDAY, there is ALWAYS someone. on sunday, we taught so many people when we got home we just sat down on our beds and laughed and smiled with happiness!! we are so blessed and grateful that the Lord granted us his spirit). and it was so sacred to represent the Savior, and also testify of him and His birth. We taught these three families in the tabernacle, shared with them a scripture about the Savior of the world, and then got to testify of His life. How blessed are we! As companions we feel so blessed to be able to testify of Him, represent Him, and speak of Him on such holy ground----the calling to be a missionary is so special. So i say THANK YOU family, thank you for supporting me in everyway to be able to enjoy these experiences. 

jeshua i know your birthday is coming up too---i love you.

I just want to say to my family: i love you. i pray for you, i cherish you. I love all that blessings and memories we have shared. may we remember them for all our lives. 

I love you and i best be off, I thank you all for all you do. 
Love,
Sister Osorio
p.s.--one time i accidently introduced myself as Elise Osorio....hahah so crazy, it was actually in the microphone right before we were singing...the sisters were cracking up. oops! :) hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment