Sunday 25 November 2012

Skirts and Warriors - Nov. 20th

Hello dearest family!

Oh HAPPY THANKSGIVING! So good to hear how you all are, sounds like a happy busy house! So great!!!! Eat so much turkey! and thanks for telling me about some of the things you were grateful for dad :)

SO mom i am SO SORRY that you didnt get your birthday gift...don't worry. i will try again! It'll be on its way. and it sounded like a lovely birthday too with some nice gifts---i told everyone: ITS MY MOM's BIRTHDAY!!!! yesterday was also transfer conference for us which leads me to my next exciting news:

So transfer conference we come to the square at 7:30am and our zone leaders announce our new companions and assignments. I was nervous, and upset because i didn't want things to change! i love sister pen, and am so sad she is leaving. but then when they started announcing and all of us cheering and screaming i turned into a little girl again and got super excited. SO DRUMROLL PLEASE!
I will now be serving with Sister Molodgali from MONGOLIA, we came out together from the MTC. So we are both third transfers together, she is still learning english, but is SO sweet and humble and kind, and I am SO GRATEFUL that I get to be with the princess of sweetness for this next transfer, which starts on Wednesday. I'll be senior companion and we are also the supply coordinators for temple square. which means part of our duty will be to make sure the desks are loaded with referal cards, maps, mormon.org cards, passalong things, family proc. etc.....gonna have to sharpen up on my organizational skills and inventory keeping management abilities! It will be especially busy because of the christmas season coming up---thousands of people come to temple square, which i just LOVE about this mission, people come to us and we get to teach them walking lessons about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I am very sad to see Sister Pen, i have come to love her, and depend on her, you depend on companions, so this next transfer will be a blessing and will be wonderful. We will get to eat thanksgiving dinner for sure! All of the Sisters will come together and eat in the evening, we will work in the morning and then it will be a super fun thanksgiving celebration with all of the remaining sisters on temple square. A lot of people have been called to serve outbound, about 21 i believe. hoo! It'll be perfect bonding time with Sister Molodgali during our thanksgiving meal together. I already love her, and want to support her...i know the adjustment to a new country, new language, new life can be difficult. This'll be great. Enjoy your thanksgiving with Robinsons and also in baltimore my dear family!

I have a funny story to share: So last week, we started in the TC (teaching center) so we were just sitting there making all of these phonecalls, and i thought, my skirt is kinda tight while sitting, i'll just unbutton the back of it while we sit. ( a lot of us do that no worries). ANYWHO, here is the funny part, we finish up in the TC and we start walking onto the square. We were passing by these old ladies in their walkers saying hello, when, WHOOSH! right in the middle of temple square, there goes my skirt to floor! BAAHAHA! I had my winter coat which is long so don't worry i wasn't too exposed, but man i moved so fast, my asian companion was in shock and told me later that i should be ashamed!! I was just very much surprised! The old ladies were SO NICE, they started telling me similiar stories of the olden days and all that jazz. But yeah...i suppose its things like that that keep you entertained on temple sqaure. I bet the security guys got a kick out of it---they are observant and keep us very safe. I thought it was hilarious, and don't worry, i apologized to the old ladies, telling them, that as a missionary i am supposed to be professional! i am so sorry! Honestly, so sillly. and i was just smiling in shock. it was very surprising! and i thought about you dad, how you told me my skirts were too big and would fall off and how i was like, that never happens dad!.......:). 

Now onto the work! We have the blessing of teaching amazing people. I hope to keep working hard to help others accept the blessings of baptism.
OH PLEASE TELL ELIZABETH REED HAPPY BIRTHDAY...i thought of her all day last tuesday.
but right, the work: its a joy. And it is work, and I love it. I love working with the youth, there is a young lady whose parents really don't feel comfortable with her taking lessons, but i am keeping in touch with one of her member friends who is such an example to me. he is really social, and excited about missionary work, and i found out that he had fasted with his friend to soften the hearts of the parents. Hello Army of Helaman! Honestly, the Army of Helaman may be my favorite story in the Book of Mormon. They were strict to be obedient "day to day" it says. Even when they were all wounded in battle, they were so loyal to their faith in Jesus Christ, and unshakable. It makes me thinks...who else would you want fighting in such a battle? Would you want the scared and the cowardly in your army? or the confident, faithful and valiant, obedient ones? Who are you in the army of the Lord.

I testify that we can become loyal to the Lord Jesus Christ, loyal with all hearts and souls! Its worth it. I am so grateful for this holiday season, where we can choose a side, be grateful for our blessings, be grateful for family and friends, and be grateful for our Savior---whos life made us free. may we too, fight for the lives of our fellowmen, for there is know greater work then lifting and helping others remember where they come from.
I leave you with this quote from President Holland, 
"If for a while the harder you try, 
the harder it gets, 
take heart.
So it has been with the best people who have ever lived."

I love you. I am SO GRATEFUL for you all and look forward to the package you talked about mom...so kind. nataly, i thank you profusely for those GORGEOUS pictures, my what a photographer!!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LADY YOU ARE! 

I love you, i love you, i love you. Now go enjoy the holidays!

Love,
Sister Osorio

No comments:

Post a Comment