Monday 24 December 2012

Elise's Birthday and Gratitude

WOW. I'm pretty sure I have the funniest family ever. bahahaha. up on the rooftop! HA! Oh wow, I'm still laughing about it. That is so much fun... I can't even imagine what I woulda done if I had been there, sounds scary. and so funny.

ANYWAYS You all sound SO GOOD!! I am happy to hear it. The photos you sent were spectacular, our home looks so beautiful! WOW! and ganae and jeshua CRACK ME UP, oh so funny. Thank you for making me laugh! And our home looks so beautiful, way to go! Mom the decor is quite fabulous if i do say so myself.  I am happy too and sometimes can't believe that I am here. To be on Temple Square during Christmas is amazing. busy, but great. Our investigators are during well...i can't help but feel we are at standstill with them though, please pray for them...they are so close, just need to keep progressing. 

 Rumor has it Jonathan was on temple square?! WOW, yeah I had a lot of sisters tell me about nat nat and jonnyboy coming to the square, I am sorry I didn't see you I guess, i would have cried so maybe it is for the best. :) But i promise I do work on Temple Square!! Promise! Our purpose is to invite EVERYONE to come to Christ, if we remember our purpose, everyone should feel uplifted when they leave temple square. Anywho, thank you for trying! I can't wait to get the gift you were talking about though, its exciting for me, it means my birthday is not over...yes! so thank you!

Jeshua you little tike it sounds like you birthday was grand! 16!!!! WOOO! My birthday was SO GREAT. Actually, the night before, i realized I hadn't asked Heavenly Father for something for myself in a long time. Honestly! Like I have been praying for good night sleep, for other people, but i realized something: I have been afraid to ask for specific things because I don't want to be ungrateful for all of the blessings I have. PROBLEM! And i realized it was hard for me to ask, i was praying and it was hard for me to let go of my pride and wanting to be strong, but i did, i prayed for something that may seem silly, but it really meant a lot to me: I prayed that Heavenly Father would help me have the best birthday ever. :). And it was. I woke up all groggy eyed and then opened my bedroom door to find it all decorated by my dear companion, and that wasn't all! We had a mission meeting in the morning and they all sang happy birthday to me, and for lunch we ate some MONGOLIAN FOOD! (my companion took such amazing care of me! and so supportive and happy for me!) The mongolian food was like mongolia version of empanadas, or samosas---so much oil=oh so good. we had it for lunch and dinner. And then we took 8pm dinner (sorry jonathan, that could have been why we missed you) and then i opened all of my presents and i loved EACH OF THEM. and the birthday cards as well from both of my amazing grandparents. Thank you so much family for that amazing birthday package. The past 3 days I have only worn the gifts i have received, they all fit perfect and i love them. And of course my birthday was so great because I got to teach and preach! And it was just happy, I just can't help but be happy on my birthday and full of gratitude. Thank you. Thank you so much. It really was the best birthday ever. And I am still working on praying for specific things, when we pray for specific things, we receive specific blessings. I tell that to the people we teach all the time, now I better be living it as well. 

Anyways---we DID get to go to the Christmas devotional! it was so special and wonderful. President Eyring's talk really touched my heart, to hear how much he loves his family, and how the best gifts remind us of the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ and of eternity. 

Afterwards i saw many of my BYU friends, so neat, they are all such good, good people, you can just tell how strong they are.  and Aunt Francios too---with STRAWBERRY PIE, so good. my companion and i have eaten half of it already. mmm. it will be gone soon. but that was so kind of her.

Supply coordinating is keeping us busy---we try not to be stressed, and i don't think we are. it does keep us busy however. but we got some jingle bells from Sister Gillette, and so now whenever we roll around the cart delivering materials throughout the square, we bring the bells----its quite a ruckus, but we go along telling everyone merry christmas, it makes people and us smile and it also makes the work fun. 

So Mom, you asked what I want/need for Christmas. I am so well taken care of really. I am so grateful for all you and papa have done to enable me to be here. I will pray that the house gets sold soon. But really, I am so good. I can think of three things! 
My companion needs a new back pack---nothing too fancy, but her strap has broken. we have fixed it topatolandra! but i was gonna get her one, but maybe thats something. 
I could also use a new watch--my battery is out and i tried to get it changed at walmart and they don't carry it...i am sorry about that because i love that pink watch daddy gave me. 
And thirdly, I just love hearing from you all. All i want for Christmas is a backpack for my companion, and to hear how the Christmas spirit is blessing my family, and how you are using it to bless others. I love you all, and I want the best for each of you. Lets all pray for specific things this week, and lets all serve.

I love you---I do miss you, and I do love the Lord and I love my companion. I am praying and sending you all the best Christmas love I have, everyday.
Be well,
Sister Osorio

No comments:

Post a Comment