Monday 24 December 2012

Born that man, no more may die!

Oh man FAMILY!!!!

So good SO GOOD to hear from each of you. I loved it, nataly and jonnyboy too!!!! REALLY! Oh I just love being able to hear all of your personalities and everything in emails. So great.

This week has been great. The news in Connecticut is really heartbreaking. Everytime I walk by the flag pole in the middle of the square, I see it at half mast and my heart goes out to the world really. "Let earth receive her King." We really need to help people, and world to do that, to truly receive their King in their hearts.

dad i cannot believe we are in the same building sometimes! OPA! and i still haven't seen you. so many people can't believe we don't visit with each other. but it really does help me be focused so thanks. 

OH MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I was on the phone with one of our investigators who travels a TON, and guess what, nataly, jonathan, i got to use your gift! I'm saving your Book of Mormons for my special people, so I sent this investigator Nataly's testimony and Book of Mormon with a card from me too for Christmas. I really hope that it becomes the trigger to help her progress. Pray for that! thank you so much Nataly for that perfect testimony...you are doing missionary work!

Wow you guys think I am losing weight? no way! haha. maybe actually, thatd be fine! but thank you:) thank you very much. By the way...I am in the January 2013 Ensign!! in the 50 page numbers so when ya get it take a looksy...it makes me chuckle.  So mom, ganae wasn't that Christmas concert AMAZING, man ALFIE BOE!!! we got to go to it! The first time we got to go, the mission president got us tickets, really exciting. Honestly we are soooo taken care of here. man! This week, well tomorrow I will get to go to  a MEMBER'S HOME for some dinner and christmas traditions. isn't that so neat?! I am so grateful and excited. all of the sisters are. 

I just want to say thank you! Thank you family for everything! I love hearing about new pursuits and the new things that are happening, and Christmas in week will be so fun. Mom I met sister Howard your visiting teacher last night! SO KIND! She gave me a package and we opened it last night and i am so glad we did. Please tell her THANK YOU so special, and please tell her CTR 4 class: Sara, Jonas, Abby, Levi, Sam, Kaden, Caleb---I love you. Thank you so much for the pictures and gifts, they make me smile SO MUCH and I love it. 

I am loving this Christmas! I am feeling better, and I did manage to sing last night. sorry mom you couldn't hear it, but you know---you gave me the gift of music, so thanks. you are doing missionary work too! Jeshua, ganae, you are both so great! thanks for waiting to see the Hobbit with me. I am so impressed with you! its true you don't have to!  think about how much fun it will be to watch it together :). i love you both a lot. I hope you are all enjoying this Christmas, I can't believe you have all come SO CLOSE to the square, woof! when i read that i was like WO! ha. calling you will be grand. 

Jonathan, when you said high school teacher, i just went--well yeah!!! you would be an awesome high school teacher! and it would be satisfying...remember when i was declared teaching social sciences for middle school before i chose the theatre route? The youth are so important, i adore the youth. It really is a critical time to choose who they are going to dedicate themselves to. It is the time where they can truly develop the character of Christ. everyday is of course. 

I just want each of you: Papa, Mom, Jonathan, Nataly, Ganae, Jeshua--all of you to know that I really do love you. I am so blessed to have such an amazing family. May we all rededicate ourselves to the cause of Christ, and to each other. What a blessing you are to me, and also to the people who I get to speak to everyday---you are all a part of my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

It was interesting, one night we met two excited thrilled young men putting in the papers to be missionaries. They readily shared names with who we could call and share this message, they were smiling, kind and ready to go forward and share the gospel. It was energizing, and reminded me how exciting the work is, and how we ought to be excited about the gospel! The next morning we met in contrast, two return missionaries. They were happy---but they were also trying to find their footing it seemed, and trying to figure out how to be spiritual in the world without their calling. they talked about what they were avoiding. But what I asked was, what were they doing? Family we have the full gospel of Jesus Christ which is have faith, repent, recieve the Holy Ghost and endure to the end EVERYDAY. What are we doing everyday to be the devoted, dedicated, and loyal servants of the Lord? May we be devoted!

Family I love you. I am praying with all my heart for you and for others! I love being a missionary. I love being a member of your family and of my Heavenly Fathers. How grateful I am.

I love you. Merry Christmas! OH MERRY MERRY!

love,
Sister Osorio

p.s.---my companion threw out the trash this morning and she said, "I cast it out." oh ESL, I laughed. I love her. AND I LOVE YOU. 
p.s.s--- here is another message i shared with someone earlier, ""Born that man, no more may die. Born to raise the sons of earth, born to give them second birth. Hark! The Herald Angels sing, Glory to the new born King!"
That is probably my favorite line in my new favorite Christmas hymn. Born that man, no more may die. How incredibly profound that statement is, and oh how I love being a missionary and doing my best to proclaim that glorious message. I feel so privileged, almost as if I get to be one of the Herald Angels. I have often wondered if i got to sing in the choirs when he was born...I am grateful that I get to sing, and speak, and email, and call, and text, and let everyone know of the gospel of Jesus Christ, now, in this special time of year. I know that because He was born, we can all live forever, if we follow the principles of the gospel we will have eternal life. Born that man, no more may die!"

No comments:

Post a Comment