Wednesday 31 October 2012

Daddy, thank you for bringing me here

Okay! So I sent you some pictures!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN MY LOVED ONES!
It's tomorrow and rumor has it we may have some mission festivities tomorrow. Oh and i DID get that banana bread and candy and it was SO PERFECT, I had some banana bread for breakfast this morning, and it was SO MOIST and perfect. Thank you so much!!!!! I just walked around and was like, "my mom loves me!" I know you all do, because of all the different things you do for me.
Ganae I hope your ACT went well, it sounds like you feel goood about it so I feel EXTRA SUPERB MADAME! I was thinking of you that day. I bet you aced it ;). Such a smarty you are.

I GOT TO GO TO THE SPANISH CONCERT TOO! Except I went on Saturday. But on Friday, I was in a district meeting and in the teaching call center all night, and I admit, i was bummed because I knew there was no way I would see you if I was in such places. BUT its good. I did my best to focus. But when I walked home that night, past the conference center, I blew a kiss to y'all because you were RIGHT there---ah man! People tell me that we should see each other and get it over with and then it will be normal to just see you all around here all the time! ha, i don't know...i'm pretty focused right now. Maybe you should all come down at Christmas time and see me perform some of the Christmas carols on Temple Square!!! SO, I was so excited about the whole music thing that now, I am helping organize some of the Sisters and the musical numbers. The sister missionaries will be singing on Temple Square starting at the end of November, and I will be doing Mary's Lullaby with this other sweet sister missionary, and I am putting together another number of Were You There On That Christmas Night? --Credit to you mom for sending me that music. So yeah, that's something to think about! Hahah, but don't look to much ahead, we still have Halloween and Thanksgiving and life to enjoy until then, so live life now, and BE where you are at. I am so happy to be a missionary.

I love the Spanish concert though, all of the Spanish sisters go to go, and we flipped out. We almost cried, we were screaming, and trying to behave, but we had never been so excited to see a show before ever. It was really special.

I don't know if I have already shared this experience, I am sorry if I have...We were at the Christus Statue, which is the big statue of Jesus Christ. There was this little girl, wearing pink clothes, and she was holding her daddy's hand, and when she came around the corner, she just beamed and she said, "Daddy! Daddy! It's Jesus! Jesus! Oh look Daddy" and they went around to the front of the statue and then sat down on one of the couches and she was still jumping up and down and then she said, "Daddy, thank you so much for bringing me here. I just smiled, I have reflected on that experience again and again. At first, I thought of the times I have brought visitors there, and as a missionary, we literally try to bring people to Christ, just as the father did for his daughter. What a blessing and privilege. But then I think of my prayers at night and throughout the day, I say the same thing to my Father in Heaven. I thank my Heavenly Father for bringing me here to this visitor center. I thank my earthly father for enabling me to come here. I say thank you to my Father in Heaven for bringing me to earth, and for giving His Son so that I can live with peace today, and with salvation in the life to come. May we always say, "Daddy, thank you so much for bringing me here." We get to be here, in the gospel, lets bring others to the Savior and hopefully they will choose to be so thrilled to meet him, just as that little girl was!

I love you all so much. This week, I am going to try to pray so diligently. I love being a missionary, I'm definitely still working on loving with ALL MY HEART because I do, and I want to just give it all. I feel so steady, and peaceful, and calm, which is such a blessing and I know it comes from living the gospel and following God's plan for us. I will be praying that the house sells, that you are all strong, and faithful, and happy.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN eat SO MUCH candy! (Jeshua not too much;)

I love you :) with all my heart, I pray for you with all my heart, too. Until next week!
Sister Osorio







No comments:

Post a Comment