Monday 1 October 2012

Blessings Are Worth It

Hello everyone! Elise's letter brought me so much joy and a wide smile on my face. I just read it, like literally, it's still in my hand and i need to share it with everyone in this whole world! Enjoy!

"Oh my beloved family!!!

All of your emails and letters brought me so much joy! Really, it has been such a HAPPY HAPPY day and week. I love missionary work, it is such a blessing to be a part of. You all sound like you are doing well. I have stickers with me always, so that i can give them to children on the square and I listen to your advice mom, i get down on their level, i kneel down and look into their eyes and I just love them. Some of them are crazy. So I assume that you all go to the same ward, right, like Nataly and Jonathan go with you too?! That's so COOL!

So daddy, i got your written letter in the mail this week. I actually got mail everyday this week, and so when i went to check on Wednesday i think it was, anyways, i wasn't expecting mail cause i was like, "I can't get letters again!" So i got closer to my box and I saw a letter and I was like, "for me? For me!" So i pulled it out and saw it was from my daddy. I forgot anyone else was in the mail room, i just went, "Oh, oh! Oh! I got a letter from my daddy!" And i started walking out, and all of the sister missionaries were like, "AWWWWWW!!!! so cute!!!" hahahaha it was funny. But daddy, thank you so much for writing me. When I get letters from my family, it is like that, EVERY TIME. You think that you would get used to it, but letters from home are so special so thank you. I loved reading and re-reading every word. I do that with your letters too mom :).  And don't worry mama, I got mail this week from good, wonderful people, like Sister Horn and some friends from school, so i am so well taken care of. As to your question about the special package I AM EXCITED BOY OH BOY!

All of the sister missionaries have a wonderful friend on the square. His name is Bob. He is in this electric wheelchair, and also has a mental handicap because of a terrible car accident he endured when he was about 18 years old. I imagine that he was very bright as a young man. He now spends every day on Temple Square because he LOVES it here. He cruises around in his wheelchair like a champ. He is so funny too, I always say, "Bob you're back!" when he cruises up to the desk we are working on, and he always responds with, "Haa, like a bad dream!!" and it cracks me up every time. One day, on a particularly hard moment, i was on desk and he cruised up. He told me his story and it was hard to fight back tears, about how hes had to learn to talk, and walk, and eat, and do EVERYTHING, physical therapy for some odd 30-40 years ever since the car accident. His life has never been the same. He is such an example to me, to remind me that my life is blessed, and beautiful and wonderful. That I am able to do so much, his life has NEVER been the same since that accident. And he is a constant reminder to me of carrying on, i feel like Heavenly Father has him on the square for a reason. He loves the square, but he blesses more than he will ever know. He even brings cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory for us sisters sometimes! Sometimes, when I am speaking with guests, I'll see Bob, and we'll sneek each other a thumbs up. One time, I said, "Bob, its a good thing you are here, you can teach me how to do better, okay" and he just looked up at me and said, "Oh, i don't see how you can do better, when you are already doing your best." And he meant it, and all i could do was smile. It hit my heart and I was so grateful.

Spanish marathon: all of the hispanic sisters and spain sisters had a spanish marathon this week of calling all of our spanish contacts and it was an honor to be with them, and so fun!! So fun! i have a picture of a group of us, not all of the spanish sisters, but some from last night. Sometimes i feel like im on a spanish speaking mission! I had a special experience this week. I felt prompted to have personal study in Spanish this week because that was day, we would be teaching a spanish family on the square. Sure enough the first tour we had was 4 women from Spain, and they LOVED it. And boy does Heavenly Father love them, he told me to take care of them, and it was so powerful. They loved the Conference center and the Christus and two of them will be meeting with the missionaries in Spain to learn more about God's eternal plan, and how their families can be together forever. And we get to keep in touch, and teach them over the phone. It was such a blessing and miracle.

Another one of our investigators, Justin, had a huge turn around and is doing awesome. He LOVED church, missionaries and everything. He's in Virginia and we met him on chat. Anyways, its a quote of Justin's that I would like to leave you with, and it meant SO MUCH coming from him, because he has a lot of changes to make in his life. "The blessings of the church, I was like, man I want that! The blessings of the Church are worth every sacrifice."

I testify and bear witness of that truth. the blessings that come with the restored Church of Jesus Christ are worth every sacrifice, every change. Every day we ought to REPENT which means CHANGE a little more. Today is a day where I feel so much love for my Savior. Do I love Him? Yes. Thus, I will feed His sheep, forever.

Sister Osorio

P.S. - This REALLY helped me develop charity this week, it opened it up, "Do you love your companion more than yourself? Do you love her more than yourself, more than your own thoughts? Are her needs more important than yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment