Sunday 25 November 2012

Work Hard, Then Accept - Nov. 6th

Sorry that it's taken me three weeks to get this letter up, but it truly is remarkable! Enjoy!


My dear family!

Sorry the email is a little bit late today! its been one of those full and pleasant pdays and we gotta zoom zoom!


Well first off! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!!!!!!! OH papa I am SO proud of you! I hope you enjoyed some pollo loco and cake and just being with the family on your special day :) I love birthdays! Seriously, my favorite holidays alongside Christmas. So daddy, I hope you got my letter right? I meant every word and i wish you the very best birthday you have had yet! I love you daddy, and I miss you a lot. i talk about you all the time :). 

I cannot believe that Ganae and Jeshua are driving and everything!!! How cool! Be safe though okay! And ganae amen to this, "
And we'll have eternity together to bake cookies and bang on windows with a purses when we're old women while window shopping." haha! You ARE SO FUNNY! i love how funny you are. keep makin people laugh, but i say AMEN to that sentence. Eternity will be wonderful as a family. opa mosseltoff!!! and i didn't know angela was engaged!!!! how exciting!! I love it.

This week we got to go to a baptism who a sister met in the Beehive house and helped him go to church where he met the missionaries, who later brought him back to temple square where we got to take him on an investigator lesson tour. Jonathan we saw your mission president from Hawaii there!!! that was pretty neat. And ya know, i learned something new: numbers are great and everything, they help you set worthy goals---but never underestimate how important it is to simply help bring people closer to Jesus Christ. It was such a calm and beautiful baptism, and I just felt like Heavenly Father wants us to be HAPPY! He tries to tell us so often that He LOVES us. This week I have just felt that, this voice saying, Look around you! Look at the gospel! Look at your family! Look! I LOVE YOU.

Anywho anywho anywho! I am doing so well. I was so happy to hear about everyone singing christmas songs around the piano, and Spencer included! He is SO COOL. a very good man. I love you all a lot. 

OKAY! Nataly asked to share an experience, so I will do that nnneeeow!:
This week we walked past a man named Ray, and then he called after us, "Ya know, sometimes you sisters don't really get to know the credit you deserve" (something along those lines. We talked to him a little more and he told us his story. In the 1970's, he had come to Temple Square, took a tour, was touched, went back, found the missionaries on his own, was baptized, served a mission, and met his wife there WHO HAD ALSO taken a tour on temple square, saw the Christus statue, met the missionaries and was baptized. They both got married and sealed in the Temple, so that their families could be together forever. Ray then choked up a little, "My wife passed a few months ago...I came here to see the Christus, where it all started." Look at the significance of that! A man who just lost his wife, came HERE, for solace, for peace, to remind himself that his family WILL BE together FOREVER. We were all so touched, (of course, you can guess, we cried), but the work we are engaged in is not to be undervalued, or tossed aside as a neat experience. It is everything, a mission isn't an experience, it needs to become your life. We don't always need to see the difference we make, as long as we do everything we can to make a difference, then life is grand, life is peace. At least on a mission it is!

Daddy, I have to go, but I wanted to wish you a very special birthday today. Your Birthday is written at the top of my missionary planner, "DADDY'S BIRTHDAY!!!" And I have told everyone today its your birthday. Dad, you have made a difference in my life, and you are still making a difference in your family and in the lives of the people around you. I know you know all that---I just hope you feel the peace that comes with doing your duty as well as you do it. I am praying for you, especially on your special day, i hope you feel joy at who you have become, and who you have around you. Ha, I hope we all do! Sometimes its hard to do that, believe me! My companion helped me set a goal this week "to accept". To work hard, and then "accept" whatever happens. Come what May!

Nataly----I ADMIRE YOU.  just sayin...:) OH! and can you send me some of your WEDDING PHOTOTOS?!!!! OOOO i would LOVE that.

Love, your! (and the Lords')
Sister Osorio

No comments:

Post a Comment