Monday 25 March 2013

To Trust the Lord

Oh my dear family!

HAHAHA I feel like i have so much to say and yet so little at the same time. where shall i begin! So much can happen in just a week.and don't worry, I am still serving on Temple Square.

First off, hello! My new pday is on Fridays from now on.

We had transfers this past Monday morning in the Tabernacle. I am now entering my 6th transfer. There are only 12 transfers! i am going into half of my mission, can you all believe that? Meh, i am still a youngin. So, this transfer my new companion is Sister Williams, from the USA! (im not sure which state but i'll tell you why I don't where shes from in a bit.). And we have both been called to serve as Zone Leaders for the South 1 zone on Temple Square. Which zone covers the square. To be honest it felt right, but a lot of the other sisters were super surprised...most of the zone leaders in fact, i think all of them are in their 11th or 12th transfers. I'm young---but don't go telling people that, i just know you would all find that interesting. Neither of us have been zone leaders before so this will be exciting!

Anyway---so onto what happened next. Sister Williams was serving her outbound mission in the New York Yutica Mission, and she was to arrive this past Wednesday the 20th to start the new transfer. The new day started, I met with the zone, sent em on their way, and then zoom transfers are always a little crazy. I tried to fulfill my responsibilities as best as I could and waited for my new companion to arrive...but she never did! The New York Yutica mission got confused, and she never ended up getting on the plane. They thought she was going to be flying out on Thursday, but her ticket was for Wednesday. So they weren't able to rebook her flight until Friday----- today.

SO my dear family, the past 2 days have been some of the most stretching filled of my mission thus far. I never knew how hard it could be to be a missionary without a companion. Don't worry i wasn't "alone alone" I stuck myself in a trio with either of my two district leaders and their companions, and life went on. But the responsibilities and organizing the different schedules, and rules and such things----wow, theres a lot. Being a solo zone leader was hard. Having a companion is one of the greatest blessings on the mission no wonder he wants us to teach two by two!

This is a part of the letter that I wrote to the mission President telling him about this experience, 
"I did my best, and I can honestly say that I learned so much about FAITH and relying on the Lord. I think the most anxiety came from being so eager to fulfill my duty and serve the Lord. I love the Lord, and I want more than anything to do His work. So I was eager to get working, but it all feels like a blur now. I went on exchanges between my district leaders Sisters Fedorovych and her companion Rodrigues, and the other district leader Sister Rojas and her companion Sister Muli. Once I got the schedules from the APs I felt so HAPPY because there was something tangible that I could get my hands on and get working. It was great! 


But yeah, I thought that after my first day without my companion i would go home and cry--but i didn't, no no! I found myself actually crying when I prayed for my investigators, or before I went to the square, not because I was overwhelmed, but because I found myself not turning to any companion for help, and aid, I was relying completely and totally on the Lord during my opening prayers for lessons. Yesterday I called Isabel, a woman in Colombia who was transferred to me by Sister Troches. So it was the first time I called her, and as we spoke, I just felt so much love, and I realized how greatly I wanted to help her accept this gospel, and I just prayed so hard for our opening prayer at the beginning of the lesson, I poured out my heart to heavenly Father for her because I realized how inadequate i was---i am just a 22 year old girl who is full of Love and will do my best to teach---the Lord can work with that, so I just prayed that He would. I was studying faith this morning and I realized that my faith has really been stretched and growing these past few days because I had to put complete trust in Him, that He knew where I was, that He knew every responsibility, that He cared, and that this IS HIS WORK. I had to have the faith with every footstep that this was what he wanted me to do, and faith that Jesus Christ my Savior, would enable me to complete the assignments that lay ahead.


I love the Lord. I know that through Him, and with faith, and hope and humility---we can have full confidence that all will be well, because Jesus Christ will make it so. I am eager to serve. I love the Lord."
I just got back from picking up Sister Williams from the airport (1 hour ago) and she is just the GREATEST. the greatest! I haven't been able to stop smiling for an hour. She is calm, and happy, and a solid missionary from what I can tell. We came back and she is in a lunch right now for the returing outbound sisters and so they let me come here to email (on exchange with Sister Fakahau from TONGA!). I take a step back and if you think about: all is well. there is nothing to worry about! Just keep the first and greatest commandment, to love the Lord God, and then everything else is just fine. I will now be able to officially move into my apartment and get going. Oh yeah and Isabel from Colombia is amazing, her and her husband are working towards getting baptized next week. i still haven't been able to get ahold from Nancy in Peru to see if she got baptized but all in due time. 

Anyways, those two things that i underlined were two of the main things I learned in these past few days. 
How are you?! How are things?! Let me know when you can.

I hope you all know that I am happy, and healthy, and I am full of faith that this is what Heavenly Father wants me to do. Its still a mission of faith daddy. 
I love you all! I wish you all the very best!!!
Love
Sister Osorio


No comments:

Post a Comment