Monday 25 March 2013

Happier as a Missionary

Aloha! Talofa! HELLO! 

Wow, Mom what a blast last night was eh? It really was special to see you and those two young woman you brought. They seem great, and you my dear family seems great too! I am surprised, I thought if I ever saw my family I would be distracted: but I just felt so happy, so happy to be a missionary and to see my mom!! Its my mom! Thanks for the support, you are the most supportive woman I know! The spirit was really strong during the end of the show and I really felt golden. Afterward our mission presidency gave us cinnamon rolls MY FAVORITE! So last night I just felt so happy to be a missionary. I love my companions, we are getting more and more unified as the days go on---and that also makes me even happier as a missionary. 

Hearing about you family was GREAT. You sound like you are doing really really well. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

So this week was stressful its true with the show and missionary work. all is well, but it is also a lot.----but if you think about it: its also really fun and an amazing time in life. 

3 experiences i want to share:

1). We were walking home as a group and the AP's were with us. We were just talking and all that, and I said in passing, "Hey, our districit meeting is tomorrow, if you wanna come you can, its at 10am! :)" They were like oohh, cool, we'll see. I did not think they would show up! And what do ya know, They were there waiting for our district with President Gillette for district meeting! WO! HAha, my district was so surprised...I was happy, and surprised, and yes a little nervous, mucho nervous, but i didn't want to be! Ha, but it really did go well. One hour and a half conducting a district meeting with the President and the assistants and the wonderful missionaries in my district. We talked about our Missionary Purpose, and relating those with the key indicators which they just aligned for us to be the exact Preach My Gospel key indicators. It was really great talking about the things that Joseph Smith restored, you can make a super long long list, which we did on the board and talked about the exciting news we have to share and how to help our guests on the square, and our investigators on the phone obtain all of the blessings of the restoration! So I thought taht was a fun experience to share.

2) uhh i can't remember . oh yeah! insight! So we had a dress rehearsal for the show, and as I sang, my voice cracked on one note. As i thought about it i realized something: That song has hundreds of notes. Hundreds. All of the other notes went well, they sounded great, in tune, great! I messed up on ONE out of hundreds...So rejoice in the successes! Think of all the ones that went well! Satan wants us to focus on the one note, and make us think we failed. Jesus Christ wants to fix it, and Heavenly Father has promised us to to forget our mistakes when we repent. Rejoice in your daily successes!!!

3) I drove to a baptism with Sister Moldogalii because a mongolian investigator that we took around the square got baptized! The spirit was so strong when the man raised his arm to the square and said that he baptized her with the authority of Jesus Christ. I was stunned, when he said those words it hit my heart. That authority has been restored on the earth. It was an amazing experience.

Dad: I am so proud of you. Let me say it again! I am SO proud of you! I just think your a great dad and a great man. thanks for everything. Thanks for being dedicated to your calling and your family. I love you. This weekend we are going to speak in 2 wards in Park City, a spanish and english one, about missionary work! I have a lot of ideas, but one of them is to talk about how missionary work has blessed our family, how it blessed you---and really its through missionary work that our family came about. :) thank you for teaching me how to work, and be dedicated, thank you for teaching me spanish ha and english! and thank you for teaching me how to be a leader. i'm still working on it. but you are a great leader.

Mom: thanks for the girl scout cookies!!! Those are my favorite kind mmmm. I haven't opened the box yet, you know me, but don't worry, i will be sure to share. thanks for all you are doing, especially with the young woman. God gave you certain experiences so that you could help others when they go through similar things...there is a reason for everything i think.

Jonathan! yeah i will go outbound but not yet i think. I think they will keep me here for General Conference NEXT TRANSFER! I love general conference, its the most wonderful time of the year, especially for Temple Square missionaries! Interesting news on the classes, do what is best, you know it! and tell nat nat hi for me! And thanks for your leader tip---i agree with you, and its something i have been working on about being sure to enjoy. i've got a lot to learn brother. But i am happy and trying my best. And as Bob, our temple square constant says, "how can you do better, when you are doing your best?" thats a comfort when i get stressed. I also need to be better at mighty Prayer. I've been working on my prayers, and staying focused in them...they are improving, but wow that needs to get better too :)!!!

Ganae: congrats on snow college! with a scholarship and everything too right? you know, i think that is a GREAT choice...meet you at juliard! ;) no joke. AND how was prom?  and of course you can wear that dress---my clothes aren't mine, they are yours! silly! how are you? i am happy! i am going into my 6th transfer ganae, which means i am going into half of my mission. how can this be? i love serving the Lord, i really do.

Jeshua: Congrats on running!!! opa! and how was prom for you too? you are so funny! Kaden's house sounds fun with that persian dagger. I love you little brother, I am really proud of you. I hope you are staying strong with the small and simple things, like prayer and scripture study. Small, simple, and powerful!

As the great missionary Alma said,  O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the atrump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!
 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and acome unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.
I know the Lord has sent me here, I know that with the gospel, our sorrows can be healed by our Savior Jesus Christ. He can fix any broken note, and we don't have to dwell on our mistakes. 
Alright! I love you. Thank you for all of your support.
Love
Sister Osorio

No comments:

Post a Comment