Monday 25 March 2013

The Sun Will Shine

Dear Family!

Mom and dad thank you so much for the letter and newsletter! I got it yesterday and it was really fun to see! My companions and i all looked at it.  The ward seems so great to be a part of! And so organized! Thanks for putting me in that newsletter, so neat!!--and mom that little interview with you was cool. Your letters were wonderful of course and i am glad to hear that things are going well.

I've attached a picture of me with my last companion Sister Moldogalii and i on transfer conference day. She really is a best friend from the mission. I will send some pictures with my current WONDERFUL trio as well--no worries!

This week I felt like my companions and I are really learning how to trust each other more. Which is important in a companionship. We just feel a lot of love for each other, and I know that we want what is best for one another. I am doing really well family. I am just happy, and calm and peaceful. (ha, well now I am! ha, we went to a baptism this morning, and i drove, and didn't know which exit to take to come back to temple square so i wasn't peaceful then you could say----so funny---i ended up going to the airport because i know how to get back from there bahaha.) Right! But NOW i am calm and peaceful and really always am when I remember my purpose here. The sun is coming out in every way. I feel my self growing and changing---and I hope that I can help my companions and investigators to grow and change as well. I have happy news! One of the ladies I have been teaching since September or October in Peru, she has a baptismal date for next week I believe. I felt like crying when I found out. We will do all we can to continue to support her. She has SO MUCH FAITH. Like immovable. And she says she may come to Salt Lake to visit her brother in November, so maybe one day I will even get to meet her. That was one of my highlights for the week. I know you will be praying for her too. 

I really love you all! honestly, i just feel focused and happy being a missionary. Jonathan i look forward to those dl tips and missionary tips because i know you were a great missionary. :)
 
Dad: Its always so good to hear from you. I love you a lot. I am glad that you and the family are here in Utah---I know that sometimes that isn't the easiest. Especially with all the international work you have done, just know that no matter what---we are happy. i am proud of the you and the decisions you have made, and look, you  are now back in the United States of America, our home sweet home and I know we all enjoy that. Thanks for all you do, for all of us! I know you must miss the international world---who wouldn't?! But in the end you know what is most important: the gospel, so you can be happiest anywhere. And who knows, in the future you may get back out there if you choose to pursue that. Heavenly Father trusts your agency. But for now, I am glad you are here. Thanks for the tips---i think i want to be a good companion more than anything. A good companion is a good servant of the Lord.  I will be sure to send abuelo a birthday card!!!! And this morning I drove a silver toyota corolla through the car wash, its one of the mission vehicles that we were assigned to clean this weekend, and i was like hey! my siblings drive this car too! COOL!

MOM! how are you doing my wonderful mother? How are the youth?! Thank you so much for thinking and praying for me. :) I will always be your princess. Thank you so much for the life of service you have given to me and the family. You have given so much for us, and our talents have grown with your nurturing. i am so grateful for music!!!! and speaking spanish too---that was handy at the baptism this morning---the baptism was for Augustina, a woman that the elders brought for a lesson here on temple square. we took her through the Conference Center---she is so strong. . (The Temple Square concert next week on Friday at 7:30pm in the assembly hall and it will be great. I am singing in a Sound of Music medley group and in Amazing Grace with Sister Rynders who has a great voice, and it is going to be uplifting to everyone I hope. I love to sing! i really do.  It definitely makes things very busy---but I just remember my purpose as a missionary, and when I focus on fulfilling that, I am much happier.)  I admit, i have not asked if you all can come to that performance...as long as i don't see you! But I know that they are going to sound record it so you will get to hear it all the same. Anyways---MOM being a missionary is wonderful! Are you still in touch with any of the people you taught in Colombia? Thats amazing that you went there. I know the Lord can really change us when we give ourselves to Him. The easter basket!!! oh mom you are SO SWEET, that is so cute. don't worry, we are doing really well. My companions LOVE Reeses, well all do actually. so there is a handy tip. 

Ganay nay!!!---Good luck on the play next week! You sound happy! and i am proud of you. I am glad you know how important family is too---i know you will never forget that, if with your awesome career. Ganae! yesterday we took this CUTE family through the beehive house, it was her mom and 3 little boys under the age of 6 and they were so funny. Carter who was four would walk around and comment on all sorts of things, like walking past a mirror and say, "hehe, mirror!" and then keep running, so silly. he also loved to come up to us and smell our clothes, haha. sillyhead! but it was special, we talked about the temple, and he said, "its Jesus's house!" The truths that children say are simple and sweet. I love that. i knew you would like that story about children.
have such a good week okay!!!! Work hard, read your scriptures, smile and remember the sun will shine! The sun is shining.

Jeshua Thomas Osorio AKA TRACK STAR!  And jeshua i can NOT believe you are as tall as me, that would be so odd. i am 5'91/2 or 5'10! oh my goodness. So tell me about track! i didn't know you had tried out for that. (nice burrito technique---just think about how cold those burritos make you feel when you run...maybe it will help you go faster!) but seriously!! let me know how it goes! and how was your trip to logan?! I would love to hear about it. I am sure you are a great example to all around you. here is a track tip: Never settle for less. Push yourself---even if your tired and have put out a good time---push yourself....try and shave off those last seconds to make your time shorter and shorter...compete with yourself. WOO! You will be excellent missionary if you learn how to push yourself, and respect your body and respect others all at the same time. I love you little brother. I am really proud of you :). Be humble---which means, be confident in the Lord and know where your true strength lies---in Him and no one else.

Jonny boy and Nat nat--- i love you both a lot! How is the busy busy work schedule and all of those things? I know life is so busy, but i know that you too are so good at being happy. i think that is one of your strengths, you are a positive people and that is so important. so yes, what tips do both of you have? or recent insights or thoughts? i respect BOTH of your insights a lot about the scriptures and the gospel. Hey and do you have any summer plans? Other than icecream sandwhiches and pool parties! hopefully that is already on the summer plan list. I am proud of both of you and love you.

Alright! Gonna attatch a few more pictures and be off. I love you all!
Sister Osorio

No comments:

Post a Comment