Sunday 20 January 2013

Press Forward Saints

Hello Family!
Oh thanks so much for the bundle full of letters last week! It was SO GREAT! SO SO SO GREAT.

Mom thanks again for all of the christmas gifts, i wear my spectacular watch everyday and i really like it. every now and then i will press the light up button for fun, hehe. AND also mom, i listen to the CD's you sent, the Lamb of God, and We must Sing, THEY MAKE MY DAY! i hope i don't overplay em, but they are really being put to good use. thank you!!!
It has been super cold, but we are doing very well! I know last week was rough, but its gotten better! We actually got a LOT of work done this week, and plan on working just as hard next week. On thursday we had a surprise snowday! the president ordered all of us to be home by 2pm because of all the snow. So guess what i did? at first i just stood there and went, wo, what do i do? we haven't planned for any of the next few hours..wah! is this what it will feel like when i go home? oh boy.... but then... I PAINTED MY NAILS. be proud ganae, be proud, the first time in like 7-8 months no joke. It was fun, we went into Sister Freitas and Sister Schill's apartment, (both are in my district) and it was Sister Freitas' birthday so we just celebrated. And then A NAP! and then, it was so cute, we heard all this cheering down the hall, and my companion and i went down to check it out and we walked in and everyone just said," OH now MONGOLIAN, now mongolian dance!!!" So we showed them some mongolian dance, (my companion had taught me earlier), everyone was just cheering, it was so cute. "OH NOW COLOMBIA COLOMBIA!" So i got a long skirt and attempted that...hehe. it was fun. It was such a neat experience, all of us, sitting and cheering for all the dances, hawaii, tonga, australia, germany, usa, all kinds.
Anyways that was a very unique day! And so was yesterday actually, I had the special opportunity to do temple service. Some of the sister missionaries get to go help clean the temple. It was really neat, we moved some of the chairs out of the celestial room, and then we got to clean the sealing rooms. It was so beautiful. I just wanted to stay in it all day long, its amazing how bright those rooms are. i thought about how jonathan was married in one of these rooms recently, and it just felt like such an honor to be able to clean the Lord's house. I loved it, because it felt like i was literally serving the Lord in a way where i could see and feel like i was helping----ya know how relief society will sometimes go clean peoples homes? It felt like i got to do that for the Lord---and i was so happy to do that, and i felt a really special peace and love for it. Even if i don't understand everything about the temple, when i was in that sealing room, it was the only place i wanted to be.
Mom you will be working with the youth! My dream! Just love them, and help them reach their potential! See them as how God sees them...I know you know that, but it makes a difference. With ANYBODY, with our companion, friends, investigators, guests on the square, visitors, members---if we could learn to see a person as God saw them, we would love them so much more, and we would be willing to do whatever it took to help them see themselves that way, and reach their potential. i am grateful for the opportunity to be spiritually minded--for that is life eternal 2 nephi 9:39. Those young women, are very lucky to have you!
I really learned a lot about diligence and dedication this week. With the struggles and hard times, it was an opportunity to cling to my testimony and let it convert me more. Conversion comes with daily keeping the commandments, and I realized while reading the general conference talk from Elder Bednar about testimony and conversion, that i really need to be using the atonement to help cure me of doubt---i don't have to struggle with the same thing for forever, i truly believe the atonement can CHANGE me, and now its about accessing that, and being willing to change, and be fully converted. its hard to let go of some things, but the atonement can change us. I suppose i will work more on that this week! Thanks for letting me throw my thoughts out there.
So my companion wanted me to let you know that I dreamed about batman again this week. kinda odd, but ah well! she thinks its just soooo funny. it was actually just jeshua and i gonna watch the new batman movie---thanks for saving me a seat jeshua ;) knew i could count on yoU!  Don't worry, i am trying to fill my thoughts with my investigators more than batman!  oh and i also dreamed that for my outbound missionary experience they sent me to serve with SISTER PONO FOR 2 MONTHS. boy do i miss that best friend of mine. i love her so much. she is amazing, going so far away. i really admire her.
Please tell the Reeds that I say hello. I think about them a lot actually and i want what is best for them. I hope they are happy and strong! Lizzie and Savannah are my sunshines and true anchors in the world, good people, good friends, and hope they are well. Will you let them know that I think about them and pray for them too---I love them.
Oh and dad, don't worry! I wasnt in the COB at all last week! so crazy! you are such a brave, strong man! it must be kinda hard to have me so close to you. For me its a comfort. i am glad we are close.

I love being a missionary. It really is such a wonderful time, and i feel the blessings of your prayers. i really do feel that strength. There are moments in my day where i just feel such support, so thank you for your prayers, i feel them and i hold onto them. I am grateful for the privelage and blessing of working on temple square! Thank you so much for supporting me family. Sister B from Russia told me a little bit of her story, but her mom wouldn't even say goodbye to her before her mission because she was so upset she was serving a mission and joined the church. I cannot forget how blessed i am to have a family like you, and friends who write and support me too---i am so grateful, and i will do all i can to serve heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ---i am loyal to Him, and to you! Thank you so much!
I best go write a letter to President. But I love you with all my big CORAZON!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE
Sister Osorio
p.s.--pray for some of the people we are teaching, some have transitioned to local missionaries, and we know they need encouragment and support! please pray for them!!! This is such a mighty work----Press forward my dear saints!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment