Wednesday 30 January 2013

I'm Home!


Well Hello my dear family!
 
How are you all? I love you all so much!!! I am so grateful for all the support you give me and the prayers as well. Thank you! So last week I know I testified a lot! I loved hearing about your lives and i wanted to comment on all of it :)

Jonathan your history teaching venture just sounds exciting! i am so glad that you are pursuing something that you love. Doing what you love is really important. How are you nataly? I hope all is well and swell in the far distant lands of Lehi! I am sure you are all doing as well as ever, family home evening and scripture study still underway and saviing the day! I am so grateful that I am able to testify about how family prayer and scripture study and really LIVING the gospel has changed and blessed my life. Thank you family for nurturing my testimony and really for nurturing me as a child of God! I see why Heavenly Father places us in families, they well YOu really do shape us into who we are.
 
So SNOW SNOW SNOW! We had an ice day, and I hope dad you are driving safely or not driving at all :). be safe!

This week has been really fast and really wonderful. Giving your heart and mind to the Lord is wonderful. We've been able to teach to many people. Its been wonderful calling Peru, Mexico, Guatemala and MONGOLIA! We have some investigators there and it is so neat just sitting in the teaching center and listening to all of these testimonies in different languages, and working in unity with my companion. We are both doing great, as happy and healthy as ever and really enjoying being companions.
 
So coming up! (Mom put on your seatbelt!) On March 15th the temple square sisters are doing a cultural performance in the Assembly Hall here on Temple Square! I am helping put some things together with that, i am glad and grateful I get to be involved. Mom i was actually wondering if you could send me an arrangement of Amazing Grace, maybe even the one ganae and i did!  i think i am gonna do a solo/duet for that...and then they were also asking me to put a group of hispanic sisters together to come up with a musical number...any ideas for that one? I am wracking my brain for that one--would love your help. I haven't asked if you would be allowed to sneek in to watch the performance...im so sorry i know I KNOW you are wanting to come...I will tell you what! i shall see what i can do, as long as i don't see you. :) so don't worry no te preocupes!!!
 
This week we contacted a lot of people, and my companion and I are finding  a lot of peace and happiness! Its a lot of work---there is this quote from this missionary on these missionary DVDs, he says, "I am so tired! But i am so happy! I don't understand!" ha, my companion and i joke about that a lot. Its so hard to describe how you feel sometimes---and that sentence sometimes captures it! We are so happy. This week as i was getting ready for bed, i realized, i really felt like i was at home. It just felt like home! My apartment, my companion, my roomates, the schedule, its home now.

We are praying for our investigators with baptismal dates, some of them are hard to get a hold of. Last night I spoke with a man on the phone and it was such a wonderful conversation---we talked about the gospel and the Holy Ghost and we prayed. We will be calling and following up with him, and helping him transition to missionaries soon. And today as i was on the phone i was speaking with a member--and i was like," ah my mind isn't working can we speak in spanish" (i knew she spoke spanish originally) and the phonecall went much better! Ha! Dad---i am SO grateful for that language! And i am so grateful for your testimony, i remember how everytime you bear your testimony you always say, "I know the Book of Mormon has the power to convert." That has really stuck with me and i pondered that this morning, and shared your testimony with my companion this morning about the converting power of the Book of Mormon.
 
So i am still taking steps to give my heart and mind completly to the Lord, and i am so happy. That really helped me to hand it all over, like I talked about last week.
 
So Becca was supposed to have her baby this week! I LOVE YOU BECCA! i am praying for her and i hope everything went well!!!---i guess we can all keep her and her family in our prayers eh familia? she is a wonderful person and a great example.
 
Mom, Dad, Ganae, Jeshua, Jonnyboy, natnat, mitas and abuelo, and of course grandpa and grandma wortham: I love you all! I think about each of you (while focusing of course) and i want you to know that I love you. I know the gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives and as we embrace it, we are happy, we can have peace, we can really changed. i'm at home, I walk outside of the Lord's house everyday and I love the Lord with all my heart. I will continue to love Him and I hope to help each of you come one step closer to Him. You are dear to me!
 
Until next time my dear family!!!!!
Sister Osorio!
 
p.s.--siblings---you are wonderful, keep your testimony strong! i love you ganay-nay!!! we shall all be like the sons of mosiah what a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment