Thursday 9 August 2012

I Tell You What, I Love...

Elise started her first email home by saying, "Estoy bien animada," or in other words, she is very excited! She followed by saying, "i thank... everyone for their letters and their support. I have gotten so many letters, and I AM SO THANKFUL.. LETTERS ARE GOLD." She continued the rest of her email, revealing her growing testimony and love for the mission.

"I tell you what, I love Joseph Smith.

I feel like a pudgy kid belly flopping into a pool lane next to Michael Phelps. (I am a belly flop champion so perhaps its fitting._ But honestly thats what the MTC can feel like. Its a lot to take in and i feel so many different things all the time. I feel the spirit during my scripture study and during my lessons, awesome teachers. I feel happy and silly and love making a fool of myself so that we can get some laughter going. I feel impatient with myself, and I am also learning about humility and faith and a lot.

The MTC has been great. The other day i was super confident because i realized, (with tears) that the atonement really is a gift, and if Jesus Christ really was in my shoes, and really has done what i have done, and knows exactly what i am going through, then He is here with me every step of the way. I can be confident! My Savior is going to help carry me through my whole mission! When i remember that, i don't worry, i don't get afraid to teach investigators, i become so confident that the Lord is on my side and is guiding me with the work. A modern day translator can translate one page of the Book of Mormon from english to another language in one day. Joseph Smith in one day translated SEVEN pages of the Book of Mormon BECAUSE HE HAD DIVINE LIGHT. If I can learn how to be close to my Savior like that, I can get 7 times the work done...perhaps! I'm working on faith too.

My companion is named Sister Cash, she has also moved around a lot and her family currently lives in Australia. I like her! We are quite different, but thats just fine. she is solemn i guess. wahoo! So in some ways we balance each other out. We get along great though!!

Um so yeah, classes pretty much all day long. On tuesdays and sundays we get devotionals and firesides. I got to sing in the choir. I sang alto because i like harmony.

I think thats one of the things i miss the most. MUSIC. i really miss me some singing. I sing hymns yeah, but concert choir...its just beautiful. But i am soooo happy to be here, where i am, and grateful that i get to wear a name tag. Boy do i love my name tag, i don't like taking it off!

I am so grateful that Heavenly Father answers prayers. When i pray, i get answers, like, "can i please find a free shower this morning" and voila. That was a little tender mercy for me this week.

I am also grateful that there are so many familiar faces here in the MTC. Ive seen MY AWESOME COUSIN SEAN, he is DOING AWESOME. boy do i love him. He shared his testimony on faith to me in italian. and one time i was staring at this peach pie in the cafeteria, i was lookin at it all googly eyed and then i look up at this elder all googly eyed and luckily it happened to be Elder Wortham (cousin). We both just laughed and laughed.

I want you to know that i love you guys. I miss you too. I also love my Savior Jesus Christ, and I am so grateful that our God has made a plan to come back to Him and dwell in His presence. That plan was RESTORED by Joseph Smith, this is not just another religion, this is JESUS CHRIST'S gospel. And I have a strong strong testimony of the restoration and the sacrifices Joseph Smith has made. You want to know if this Church is Gods true church? You want to know ANYTHING? You study Joseph Smith and the restoration and the Book of Mormon that came out of that, and I testify you feel something moving, and life hanging. I hope we strive to feel that.

LOVE SISTER OSORIO"

No comments:

Post a Comment