Thursday 16 August 2012

A True Conversion

"I want to write everything, so i took notes."

Elise is working hard and learning lots in the MTC. She wants to remember everything and, just like she told us, take notes. But her notes aren't the only thing she has on her paper.
"A bird pooped on my notes the other day! GROSS, but we all cracked up!" She still makes us laugh, even while she's in the MTC.

"So our district comprises of boys going to long beach california, and Iowa. There are four of us Sister missionaries and we are all going to temple square! IT IS WONDERFUL. We live together, too, along with two sisters headed for finland next week. Our elders also leave next week, so this is it! This is our third week!!! We gotta finish this one and then next week we start visitor center training. So right now, we are learning the fundamentals of teaching and we teach our "investigators" sometimes up to 4 times a day! It was scary in the beginning. But patience and confidence in the Lord is key.

"I went and played basketball, became four-square king, and went running and now, i love the MTC! I guess its just about finding the simple things that you love about it. I LOVE singing in the choir, and in the end, this isn't about me. THIS WORK IS NOT ABOUT ME. And i love that. We sang redeemer of Israel during our Sunday fireside and it was wonderful. Then a member of the 70 spoke to us about how missionary work is ALSO about finding those who are already struggling and inviting and helping them come unto Christ. Sister Lee is one of my fellow temple square missionaries, she is of korean heritage and both of us are working on trying out to sing a special musical number: where can i turn for peace?

"FAMILY, i am happy! my companion and i get along so well, and our relationship grows more and more each day. Sometimes i worry if i am too direct, and straightforward... but she said she likes that about me! Some of the elders may not... hehehe. No worries, i am trying to be like my Savior and there is a lot of love in our district. we get along.

"I wanted to share my experiences... Some people call this place spirit prison, which cracks me up because its kinda true, we just sit and study the gospel of Jesus Christ all day!!! It's such a blessing i promise.

"Two highlights: this past week, i realized that i missed praying out loud. Its hard to find a time and place where you can pray out loud, personally to your Heavenly Father. In fact its impossible! AND BOY WAS I MISSING IT. Pray out loud because you can and you must build this relationship with our Father in heaven!

"I learned in a devotional this week (we watched a  past recorded talk by David A. Bednar about the character of Christ. one of the best talks ever.) He said that having a testimony is fine and good, but it is not enough. SAY WHAT?! nope, we need to be converted unto the Lord. A conversion is living consistently to what you know. SO i thought deeply. what do i know? oooo. scary question. And then i thought, i know that Jesus Christ did all that He said He did. SO lets start there. I know that, and so i think right now thats my favorite thing to study, the miracles of Christ. They're amazing! They are beautiful, and they teach us of the true character of Christ. I am grateful for faith, and that i can say, Lord heal though my unbelief, like the father in Mark said. A true conversion is consistently living what you know. I know Christ did what he said he did. live by that knowledge.

"I am learning to love the MTC! I do love it. I love working hard. Diligence is my favorite !!! Diligence paid off in one of my lessons. it was one on one with this younger elder, and the first two lessons just weren't clicking. But in the third lesson, the spirit came and i know it came because i was taking every opportunity i could to obtain and treasure up the word, so Heavenly Father blessed me. We read the end of the Joseph Smith history, there is a footnote there, its Oliver Cowdery's account of receiving the proper priesthood authority to baptize. Its in small print, but it is so powerful, and remains one of my favorite scriptural accounts ever since i discovered it when i was like 15 years old at efy!

I LOVE YOU ALL,  and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all of your support and great works, its been such a blessing to have you all in my life. I love you.

love,
Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment